Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Dream Come True!!!!!!



Anyone who knows my 3 y/o son, knows he is OBSESSED with school buses.  Not just a little but ALOT!  Everyday we get into the truck to go to school, his main focus is finding a school bus.  We have a little skit we do where I say "bus" (quietly) and he repeats it.  I get a little louder, "Bus" and he repeats it.  Then finally, really loud "BUS!!!!!" and he repeats.  Then we say "Where are you?" and he says "There it is!" even if he doesn't see one.

So, I drop him off everyday and even the other parents know his routine where he runs to the end of the school building just to watch the school buses that pull in to drop off the other children.  It's a routine for him.

Well, yesterday we had a little extra time to kill before the gates opened up so I told him "Lets go see the buses!".  We walked along the building and approached the two buses waiting to unload the kids.  To my surprise, the door all of a sudden opened and the bus driver asked us if we wanted to come aboard.


I was shocked!  And needless to say, Mikey was stunned silent.  The bus driver explained that he sees my son everyday waving to him thru the playground gates and notices him every morning running to the end of the building just to catch a peek at the buses.  

It didn't take but a minute for Mikey to regain his senses and he RAN up those steps.  The look of amazement on my little boys face was priceless!  I only wish I had brought my camera with me so I could have captured the moment.  Honestly though, its something that I will NEVER forget.  

We thanked the bus driver for the tour then headed into school to start our day.  I don't ever think I've seen a smile quite as big out of my son in a very long time.  

The day warmed my heart and reminded me that its the little things in life that mean so much. Thank you Mr. Bus Driver for making my son's day, a day that we will forever remember!

Mood today?????  



1 comment:

  1. OMG that was the cutest story ever... I am smiling from ear to ear :) What a sweet bus driver. And how cute about the part where he sees Mikey smiling and waving to him everyday LOL so adorable.

    ReplyDelete